Monday, 28 August 2023

Monday 28 August Callao Peru

 Had a rough night last night. I woke around 1 am and had trouble getting back to sleep. We are in a container port that operates 24 hours a day and I kept hearing the reversing beepers of the trucks and fork lifts. Eventually got back to sleep but woke up just after 6 am. 

Once again cloudy to foggy skies and 21 degrees. We head off the ship just after 10.15 and take the shuttle to Miraflores. We have a 15 minute wait and then we are away. Crossing the first intersection out of the port we pass between 100s of trucks waiting to pick up containers. As we were taking our walk in the gym, a large container vessel came into berth just behind us at right angles. It is going to be a busy day in the port.

It takes just on 40 minutes to get to Miraflores and we are dropped off at the Lacroma shopping mall. The mall is built into the sides of the cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. There are high class shops and there are great views over the ocean. After visiting the shops we head off on a walk along the cliff top. The sun is trying to break through the cloud. After 90 minutes we decide to head back and manage to get a shuttle back to the ship straight away. We check out what’s on offer at the horizon court and decide to get a toasted roll at the International cafe and take it back to our cabin. The sun is making an appearance and there are a couple of cold beers waiting. It is lovely on the balcony and we have another beer as we bask in the sun and watch the container ships get unloaded. It is 23 degrees.

I have had another problem with my Chile visa. We both received emails back on 1 July, Ann receiving two, which were all in Spanish. Ann’s second email had a photo of her visa attached. The other emails just had QR codes which I assumed were the visas. Princess issued a request for the visas to be printed out and handed to them by 30 August. We went to guest services about a week ago and Ann is fine, but all I have is a confirmation that I have paid for the visa, which is free anyway. I was asked to follow it up.

I replied to the email but it came back undelivered. I then found the embassy email for the Melbourne consulate and sent everything off to them. This was on Wednesday our time. So far no response. I will not advise Princess until 30 August as we are in Pismo tomorrow and they could put me off if I do not have a visa, so I will wait until we are at sea on the Wednesday. I may send a follow up email tonight.





Paddington Bear



1 comment:

  1. Hope the visa stuff is sorted, I’m sure it will be fine if mums went through and you have a receipt Kate

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday 20 September Sydney

 ITS ALL OVER! After 108 days our world tour has finished, and what a finish. We probably had the worst weather of the entire trip in the la...