Wake up to a bright sunny morning in Sydney (Nova Scotia Canada). It is 15 degrees at 7 am. We dock at 9 am and the dock area has a number of craft shops on the dock and in the terminal area, as well as the world’s biggest fiddle.
We head off at noon and walk around the town. It is very quiet being a Sunday but we manage to find a supermarket, liquor shop and drug store and stock up on essentials. There are some memorials along the waterfront dedicated to the merchant seamen who served during the war. Sydney and Halifax were important staging posts for the supply ships heading to the UK. There were a few angry homeless people along the way, but they were not threatening to us, but it was a bit uncomfortable.
We eventually got back on board by 2.30. My backpack is scanned and I am told to declare the alcohol . At the declaration. Point I am asked whether I have brought alcohol on board this leg as we are allowed one bottle each. I tell him no, (because we haven’t been challenged before). He checks his list and we are not recorded so we won’t be charged corkage, but that is our limit for this leg. Good news is the next leg starts in New York, only three days away. My knee has blown up slightly and is carrying a bit of fluid so I will have to manage it better and cut down on some of gym walking when we are in port.
At 4.30 we have the sun on our balcony so we open a bottle of rose that we purchased at the winery in Beaupre. It is a little cloudy and 26 degrees, but nice drinking weather.






Lol I though Sydney on your calendar today was a typo ! -Kate
ReplyDelete*thought
ReplyDelete