Friday, 15 September 2023

Saturday 16 September Auckland

 About half way through the night we must have left the strong winds and rough seas behind, as it became very calm. At 7 am it was light winds smooth seas, sunny and 8 degrees! We had entered the start of Auckland harbour and we had a very pleasant view from the gym as we sailed into Auckland.

Before we headed off the ship a replay of Carlton and Melbourne was on, so we delayed our departure to watch the end of the match. Carlton took the opportunity offered by their opponents in both finals, if you can’t kick straight it will cost you. Good luck Emma, bad luck Luggy!

We headed off about 11.30 and went straight to chemist warehouse to replenish our drugs! There is a lot of coughing going around so we topped up our cold and flu and paracetamol. Seems half the ship had been there. We then found a supermarket and picked up some M&Ms and double headed snakes. 

It was then onto the marina area to find a place to have a drink. The temperature was now around 18 degrees and very nice in the sun. The marina area is a lovely place similar to docklands with lots of restaurants and watering holes with views over the harbour. We went past one place and were amazed by the number of girls at the tables. It was about 90% female clientele. 

We eventually found an upstairs bar and restaurant- Dr Rudi’s. Ann had a apple cider and I had a Dr Rudi’s lager. It was very enjoyable. We then headed back to the ship and we’re back on board around 2 pm. and had a late lunch. As I had not had my usual morning ice cream, I had one on the way back to our cabin. There are not too many mornings I have not had an ice cream Cullen, but where I have missed out I made up for it at night with dessert 😋. We don’t set sail until 9 pm tonight so we can relax in our cabin with a bottle of wine. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday 20 September Sydney

 ITS ALL OVER! After 108 days our world tour has finished, and what a finish. We probably had the worst weather of the entire trip in the la...