We have now sailed into the Bay of Bengal on our way to Colombo. The wind did not pick up as forecast and remains at 20 to 25 knots. The seas are moderate but the ship is not moving around as much as yesterday. It is 28 degrees at 8 am. We both had a good nights sleep despite going to bed at 9.30, had to put clocks back an hour so we wake at the new time of 5.40am. I am feeling a lot better this morning. At 6 we decide to go to the gym early, but only one walker available and both exercise bikes being used, so I opt for the promenade deck. It is quite windy, tail wind on one side and head wind on the other. On my walk I notice hoses set up to deter boarders!
I spoke too early about the weather calming down! After breakfast the wind has strengthened and the sea is rising with the ship moving a lot more.
At about 11 am the captain makes an announcement that they are experiencing some technical issues with the diesel generators and has affected the ability too sail at full speed and with the weather the ship slowed during the night and now will not arrive in Colombo until 1 pm instead of 7.30 am. That is going to stuff up a lot of tours! The couple we play trivia with are due to go to India so I don’t know what is going to happen there.
After lunch we have our gym session and we get back to our cabin and are out on our balcony when our fire alarm goes off! Then we get a phone call from the bridge! Ann tells them we were not smoking,! A few seconds later it stops - a false alarm. We think they reset it from the bridge. All I can think of is that I had the balcony door open and it is very windy and maybe some thing has blown in and set it off. We also have a message rescheduling our Sri Lankan tour from 8am to 2pm. I suspect it will be a truncated tour.
We can’t believe that we are starting our second week and still have another 13 weeks to go 😁. We have got into a routine where the time just flys by!
Also thanks for your comments, we are receiving them.

No comments:
Post a Comment