Well the smooth sailing is over! During the night the wind has picked up and the ship is now rocking and rolling. It is still warm at 27 degrees. My cold has intensified so I did not have a great night. The cabin has a lot of creaks as the ship moves. I think it is better where we are (aft) than it is forward. We do not get the sound or vibrations when the ship ploughs through the waves. Ann woke up at 2 am and took a Dramamine. My issue was not so much the movement but my cold. I will give the gym a miss this morning but Ann has gone.
The wind has eased a bit after breakfast but there is still some rocking and rolling. The couple we play trivia with have an Indian side trip planned from Colombo. They will be off ship for four days meeting up with us again in Muscat. Because of this I will not go to trivia as I do not want to pass my cold on to them, Ann will let them know.
Last night on our bed was a notice about a pirate drill for the ships staff. Apparently we are entering an area known for pirate activity. Could be exciting! Passengers are advised to stay off the decks, go to your cabins or an inside area and brace for sudden ship manoeuvres!
Ann decides to so some laundry and we are jibbed on the soap dispenser. Tried twice but it must be empty- not wasting any more money so we just wash without soap. Clothes turn out pretty clean! We then go up to the indoor pool area and decide to read/do puzzles. Another storm comes through with rain and strong winds. The water in the pool has its own wave machine. At the noon announcement we have moderate seas and 20 to 30 knot winds. The forecast is for rough seas and 35 to 40 knot winds. Could get interesting. After lunch Ann is off to the gym while I isolate in the cabin. My cold has got worse but hopefully it should start to clear up by tomorrow.
The wind has eased somewhat but it is expected to increase overnight. We dine at the buffet again but hopefully I should be ok tomorrow night.
Cullen and Jazlyn, I had two ice creams this morning and at dinner I had two scoops!
Clocks go back another hour tonight so we will now be four hours behind Melb.




Hope you’re feeling better soon dad ! Look out for 🏴☠️- Kate
ReplyDelete