Today we have another sea day after leaving Singapore. We awake after a very good nights sleep, to overcast skies but still 28 degrees. Smooth seas and light winds. I am not feeling too bad. My throat no longer hurst and I am just a bit sinusy. The gym is almost full with only one walking machine available, which I generously concede to Ann
We are now sailing through the Straits of Malacca and it is quite busy with ships on both sides of us coming and going. We have some brief rain showers but it just makes it more humid. We are amazed at the number of people who just lay in the sun all day. They look terribly overdone! There are also a number of sunburnt bodies walking around. Ann is doing a great job staying in the shady areas. We did very well at trivia today with 17 points, only two off the winner. Between us we got some very good answers. It was disappointing today the ice cream machine is down for maintenance ☹️
After our gym session (45 mins on the walker) the wind has died down and the sea is flat. We pass a small fishing vessel in the calm seas. It is quite warm but our balcony is in shade making it very pleasant.
About 4 o’clock I start to get a runny nose and my voice is a little hoarse. Ann also has a mild sore throat. We have a coffee at 5 pm and I take another test. Once again I am clear, so I am confident it is just a cold.
Because of my condition we decide not to go to the dining room tonight and just have dinner at the buffet. Also Ann wants to watch the tigers. Ann was very pleased with the decision as she had green lip mussels and coffee Panna cotta. We get back in time to watch the last five minutes.
We are now entering the Andaman Sea and the wind has picked up a bit but it is still 29 degrees. We also have to put the clocks back another hour tonight.



No comments:
Post a Comment